Thursday, June 25, 2009

Library time!

We've got a couple of public libraries close by - each having a little program for toddlers. Last week we (I) decided to take Carter to the one in Elkin, which was more of a story-time deal. That one didn't go over so well, as he was in a new place and wanted to "explore" the room while the other kiddos sat and listened. Granted, he was the youngest there, and a few others took his lead and got up too... but it was still a little much for me.

So today we went to the Wilkes library where they have a weekly "Music & Movement" toddler program on Thursdays. I was a little apprehensive going in there and hoping it wouldn't be a repeat of Elkin, but it was AWESOME! Carter had such a great time, and so did I! They had music, dancing, got to play instruments, blow bubbles, it was a blast! So, we're going to be doing that more often I think! :) He seemed to really enjoy himself. He did tell me he was ready to go though by going and sitting in a chair, rubbing his tummy and doing the sign for "eat", and saying "num yum" then proceeded to take my finger and lead me to the door! Guess he was hungry!

Something else kinda cute, he tells me to "Shh!" now when I sing to him! HAHA He does this every time now, he will put his finger over his lips and go "SHH!". Hey - I don't care - it's a word!!

I'll work on my singing later! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment