I'm new at this whole blogging thing... I've been wanting to start one for a while as an outlet for some feelings toward certain things, and hopefully it can help to clear my head some. So often I feel that there is so much running around in there that I can't keep it all straight, and having this to look back on will be good. I think.
Here lately Carter has really seemed to start calming down a lot. He doesn't run completely wild all the time anymore, and seems to be more content with one thing at a time for more than a few minutes. His imagination and pretend play is picking up too and I love it. It's so cute to watch him play with his tractors, farm animals and barn, pretend the horsey is eating hay. "Umm num yum goo!" (that's mmm yum yum good for those of you who don't know baby talk ;)
His speech is slowly but surely picking up as well, and I love it! He's saying more and more words now than he did a month ago. He's only had 3 speech therapy sessions so far, and those mainly consisted of sign language. While I think the sign language is great, I want him to talk already!! haha He picks right up on those signs though. After seeing it once he knows what it is and uses it. Sometimes Chris and I will have to look up what one is and then, "OH! you want help?" Awesome. His two newest words are "daddy" and "hey". Still no "mommy" since he uses "backing" according to the SLP, all his sounds are made in the back of the mouth, so b, p, m aren't his best sounds yet. I'm working on that! The other night before bed he finished his milk and said, "Daddy! Aw go. He go. day do." (daddy! all gone, here you go, thank you) and handed his cup to daddy.
Just under a month until he turns 2. Amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I hear ya, sign language is okay but real words would be great. Carter is doing soooo great, I'm so excited for you.
ReplyDelete