Monday, October 5, 2009

Couple of things...

I had the meeting with the counselor I mentioned in my last post this past Thursday morning. She asked me what brought me in to see her, and I honestly didn't know what to tell her, so I just said I wasn't happy. And since I'm not really that good at expressing myself verbally, she asked questions about if I was feeling this or that, and boy she was good. She gave me a diagnosis, and we've determined that this all stems from events that happened to me in high school, and things like that can harbor themselves in someone for a long time. I've been dealing with this for that long, only now it seems to have come to a head. So I am to continue seeing her and she's going to come up with a "treatment plan" and ways of coping and moving on. Part of my "homework" is to keep a journal of my feelings and things that bother me, and I've even found that hard to do, like I said, I'm not good at verbally expressing myself.

Also she wants me to start making myself do things that make me feel better about, well, myself since that is something that I've started neglecting. So, I've applied for a job. I have an interview next Tuesday at noon. We'll see how that pans out. She also told me I should finish my degree. I wholeheartedly agree. I was hoping to do this when Carter gets a little older. Maybe if I get this part-time job I can start back to college part time as well sooner than I had anticipated.

On another note, my little man and I had a wonderful "date" this afternoon. I decided I would try taking him to the movies for his first time. So we had lunch at Chik-Fil-A, and went on over to the movie theater to watch the double-feature of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3D. I went in with an open mind, not really expecting all that much, as he doesn't sit still for very long. We get in there and have the whole theater to ourselves, and we get to watch the whole first movie! He alternated sitting in his seat beside me, and in my lap. He wouldn't wear his glasses though, but that's OK. After the first movie we had a "bashoom" break, and he said he was ready to go home. I think overall it went pretty well! I'm proud of him! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are figuring things out for yourself. I hope seeing the counselor does great things for you! You very much deserve to be 110% happy!

    ReplyDelete